Monday, August 2, 2010

Gibbs 3 Box for Tracy

First of all I want to say that the Gibbs swaps (Girls I'm Broke Box Swap) have been unlike any others I have been in, because the point of the swap is to get to know the other swappers so we often chat on Skype, and believe me we talk about more than just crafting! I really feel we get to know each other and that these Ladies are my friends.

Okay here are my interpretations the list we worked from-

1. Here is my take on #1 an empty 2 ltr. bottle (trash ) filled with treasures. The goodies include 2 owl stamps and chipboard both of which Tracy has listed on her MQ (Cricut Message Board Questioner).

2. What was I thinking? That Tracy could use the frame for something else if she didn't like the picture I made. I used the Create a Critter cart. for this.

3. Button It. I was going to make a picture frame covered in buttons (I even bought 2 frames) but Tracy often swims and I thought this might be more useful.



4. Time flies. I made the calendar to run from August 2010 to July 2011.




5. Not all that it is cracked up to be. This one stumped me 'cause I am not a fan of crackle paint and a lot of the ladies were using that or something funny, as in, you cracked me up. If you notice the bottle looks cracked and its filled with one of Tracy's favorite candy. I hope if she ever needs some Mojo (magic) these will help.

I made the flowers myself....

6. All blinged up and nowhere to go- but the pool!


7. Your a blockhead Charlie Brown. I had a hard time deciding on this one too, but, in the end I like how they turned out. The other sides of the blocks have LOVE or a form of it on them. And that's my wish for their family.
8. Share and share alike- Both Tracy and I collect teapots is one form or another that is something we share so I made this mini album to commemorate our shared interest.

The ladybugs and berries are rub-ons
There are some punched flowers as well as rub-on ones.
Oh, and the chipboard shapes, teapot ribbon and socks came from Mary Englebrit collection at JoAnns.

9. The seeds of yesterday are the flowers of tomorrow.

Card making seeds, she listed in her MQ she liked bunnies and wanted some stamped sentiments for cards.


10.Put on your big girl panties.... (and deal with it!) okay, I thought of this from the beginning and wanted to do it. I feel it fits on two levels, these are a form of panties and everyday we have to deal with unplesantries like the dishes!
11. I don't need no stinkin' paper. This pillow was constructed by me from a hand embroidered tablecloth that had crocheted lace edging and then I added little hand tatted flowers. I bought the flowers and tablecloth at a yard sale. The tablecloth was stained and torn in places but it was still very hard for me to cut up!



I hand sewed it closed along the edge, boy, you really have to respect our ancestors that did such beautiful work.
12. Gibbers do it old tool style. I used wooden rubber stamps, (definitely old school) and a heat embossing gun and also colored pencils another "old tool".

This says it all!

Well, I hope Tracy enjoys her box as much as I enjoyed mine from her.
Here's a link to the pictures Tracy took and her comments.....

1 comment: